Why YOU Should Join UADM!
What does it mean to join the movement?
The University of Alabama Dance Marathon (UADM) is the largest student ran organization on campus that fundraises year-round for Children’s of Alabama. We raise money to help provide treatment and care for the children and their families who are treated at the hospital. UADM is an organization that attracts UA students of all backgrounds, all ages, and members of all organizations and interests. The one thing that brings all of us together, and the reason of why we do what we do is all: For The Kids.
UADM is a great way to be involved in philanthropic work within the UA community, exposure to networking opportunities, and making an impact here at UA. UADM provides real-life career preparation opportunities through serving on various committees, including:
· Business Partnerships: Corporate relations, hospitality, special events
· Community Partnerships: Community outreach, family relations, hospital relations
· Communications: Creative, media, public relations
· Campus Involvement: Alumni & campus relations, first year involvement, miracle maker relations, recruitment
· Finance: Account management, data tracking, fundraising campaigns, merchandise
· Operations: Productions, event logistics, membership development, morale
The Main Event is a 13.1-hour Dance Marathon where we dance and stand for the Kids who can’t. This is a time where we celebrate life, spend time with our Miracle Families, and conclude all of our fundraising efforts as a team. While 13.1-hours may seem intimidating, this is an action-packed event that is a celebration like no other. We have face painting, merch, games, fun challenges and a different theme to dress up for each hour. To kick start a new theme, a Miracle Kid presents their story on stage with their family at the beginning of every new hour.
UA Dance Marathon offers a lot to not only the kids and families impacted by Children’s of Alabama, but also provides UA students with incredible opportunities and the experience to make a positive impact. The more people we have on our team, the more miracles we can make For The Kids. If you are interested in joining us for the Main Event or becoming a Miracle Maker, follow this link! We can’t wait to see you there!